Nobody wants to spend a lot of money repairing a recently purchased drone. Drones cost a lot, so safely storing them is something of the utmost importance. You can be lucky enough to purchase a drone that comes with a storage case, but these cases are not always reliable. So you need to purchase a good case that is easy to carry, water-resistant, and keeps all the parts of your drone organized.
Many drone cases are available, but here are some of the best cases you can purchase: Lowepro DroneGuard CS 400, Lowepro DroneGuard BP 450, Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250, Manfrotto MB BP-D1 backpack, Pelican 1650, Ape Case ACPRO1500W, MOSISO Drone Backpack, and Torvol Rucksack.
Deciding the best drone case can be tricky because you can only determine the best after using them. But don´t worry; we will provide you with details of each drone case. Moreover, you can decide the best among them.
Best Drone Case For Protecting Your Drone
If you are confused about the drone case to purchase, you need to know that the cases are not designed to fit all types of drones. So, you must consider the type of drone you have and the features you want in a case. Let us look at some of the best drone cases available.
The Torvol Rucksack costs about $100, and it was designed for racing drones. It has more storage spaces than other cases; there is enough space for two racing drones and their controllers. There are padded dividers to separate and protect the drones from crashing against each other.
Although this drone case is used for FPV racing drones, you can also store small to mid-sized drones. Some of the features of the Torvol Rucksack include:
- Enhanced storage to carry your drone, battery, transmitter, goggles, and other essential tools.
- Adjustable padded dividers that let you safely store your drone and accessories; the isolated foam keeps your accessories safe and secured.
- Durable zippers that last for a long time without breaking. The backpack is produced of wear-resistant, durable, and strong materials.
- It comes with a rain cover, so you do not have to worry about a sudden change in the weather conditions.
Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250
A brand that has become one of the most trusted drone case manufacturing companies is Lowepro. The brand produces strong and durable backpacks and gears for carrying and storing videography and photography equipment.
The Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 costs about $100, and it is made specifically for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Nevertheless, the backpack can still carry other lightweight drones, and they must fit into the space provided in the backpack.
Since the Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 was specifically designed to carry the Mavic 2 Pro, the storage compartment is sized to fit and hold the drone securely in place, so you will not have to worry about the drone jostling. Some of the features of the Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 include:
- The customized interior can securely hold a DJI Mavic 2 Pro, a transmitter, charging chords, a smartphone, a 2-liter hydration storage compartment, and five extra batteries.
- It's equipped with transmitter pads to protect delicate control knobs.
- A moisture-wicking back panel that keeps you comfortable and cool and adjustable waist and chest straps.
MOSISO Drone Backpack
The MOSISO Drone Backpack is a perfect choice for amateur drone pilots who want to protect their drones, and it costs only $64. The MOSISO Drone Backpack is designed to be compact but with enough space to carry your drone and other accessories.
Some of the features of the MOSISO Drone Backpack include:
- The bag is made from tear-resistant and waterproof materials that keep your drone and accessories safe and dry regardless of the weather.
- Pockets for extra accessories. There are accessory pockets; one pocket can store SD cards, cables, ND filters, and other accessories. Another pocket can store a water bottle or umbrella; there is also a tripod holder and another pocket designed to store mobile phones and wallets.
- Equipped with luggage straps and an anti-theft pocket, it fits securely and comfortably for any journey.
- Has padded shoulder straps and a soft elastic back cushion with an adjustable strap to balance the weight of the package.
Ape Case ACPRO1500W
If you are a drone pilot who is often on the go, the Ape Case ACPRO1500W is the perfect case for you. The lightweight backpack protects your drone and accessories in all your journeys. The case is perfect for any drone, from a small drone to the DJI Phantom 4. The Ape Case ACPRO1500W costs about $100. The features of the Ape Case ACPRO1500W include:
- It features a padded interior with different compartments to protect and organize your accessories.
- The exterior is durable, rugged, and designed to withstand any pressure and terrain you travel through.
- The backpack comes with a five-year warranty to protect your investment in case of any defect in the product.
- There are four pocket compartments for storing your accessories.
One of the most durable drone storage cases you will find is the Pelican 1650, and it is also one of the most expensive cases. The Pelican 1650 case costs about $300. This case is big and heavy, but there is a solution to that, it has a short handle and four wheels. Let us look at some of the additional features of this drone case.
- The case is water-tight and completely sealed. It keeps the air pressure in the case and outside balanced using an automatic pressure equalization valve.
- The case's exterior is made of different blends of polymers and stainless-steel hardware, and padlock protectors.
- The polymer casing makes the drone case unbreakable and impenetrable.
- It contains enough space to hold your drone and very other accessories you want to store.
- You can purchase other storage compartments for the Pelican 1650, like a case divider kit, padded divider set, lid organizer, and EZ Click MOLLE Panel.
How To Protect Your Drone From Damages
You spent a lot of money purchasing the drone, and you hope to use it for a long time. Your priority after purchasing a drone should be how to protect it from damage. There are some simple steps you can take to protect your drone.
Have a Pre-Flight Checklist And Follow It
Before you fly your drone, you should be certain of some things; otherwise, you are at risk of damaging your drone. You must answer these questions;
- Are your batteries fully charged?
- Are all the components of the drones fully functional and well fitted?
- Are the drone sensors calibrated and functional?
- Is the drone transmitter working well?
If your answer to at least two of these questions is no, it is advisable not to fly your drone because there is a high probability of crashing.
Apply Hydrophobic Coating On Your Drone
Before you go flying your drone over water, be aware that it is very risky. A little mistake is all it takes to lose your drone. Nevertheless, there is a way to avoid that; hydrophobic coating protects your drone from water damage. There are different types of hydrophobic coatings, some come in brush-on, and others come in a spray. Regardless of the one you have, it is still easy to apply.
Get Your Drone Insured
This is a very important preventive measure you must take. Get drone insurance, so if it gets damaged, it will be fixed or replaced depending on the severity of the damage. As drones are getting more popular, many insurers offer good and affordable policies; choose the one you feel is good.
Get A Drone Case
This is another important preventive measure to take. It is better to put your drone in a case or special backpack than in a box. Properly storing your drone is the safest way to prevent damages. There are hard cases and soft cases, and you can choose the perfect one for your drone.
For you to enjoy your drone to the maximum, you must take proper care of it. Your drone will last for a long time if you use it carefully and safeguard it. Drones are not easy to purchase, they cost a lot, and it would be sad to lose them after spending a fortune on them.
As much as the thought of owning a drone feels good, you must also take precautionary steps to ensure the drone is well-protected from damages and external factors. So, read up, and learn how to protect your drone.
Additional reading: Best Follow Me Drone
Shawn Manaher loves to play with new toys and dive into new hobbies. As a serial entrepreneur, work definitely comes first but there is always room for hobbies.