If you ask any experienced ATV rider about the best brand, they will name Hondas as the best four-wheeler. When purchasing an ATV, you will consider the models, top speed, engine horsepower, off-road performance, durability, comfort, and more.
Honda TRX provides the most reliable quads. In addition, these ATVs boast metal gears and have bomb-proof transmission, making them durable and resilient to rugged terrains. Top Honda TRX models include the Honda TRX 700, Honda TRX 520, and TRX420 Fourtrax. These models are top of the class when it comes to consistency and performance.
Read on to acquaint yourself with all the essential information before getting a Honda TRX model.
What Makes the Honda TRX the Best Models?
When shopping for an ATV, you want to ensure that you are not wasting your money. Besides, considering that there are numerous models in the market, it is important to have all the critical answers to your question. So what makes Honda TRX models great?
Well-Engineered And Excellent Power.
Whether you want to use your ATV for sporting activities or recreation, you should ensure that it is powerful enough not to inconvenience you in one way or the other. Honda is a company keen on manufacturing powerful ATVs as it pays close attention to every element that goes into its products. For instance, the strong tires and the dual clutching have always given the power of control to the rider.
Additionally, the Honda belt drive is one of the outstanding features that set it apart. Most models from Honda are engineered not to throw the rider into the dust.
Maintenance of an ATV is another essential aspect you should not overlook when shopping for an ATV. Most quad riders do not like a situation where they have to replace the parts of their machine because that will be expensive and tiresome. The Honda TRX is designed to last for a considerable period. The suspension, the steering wheel, and many other parts of the quad can remain unchanged for a long time. Moreover, customer service is always available to guarantee you any assistance you might need.
Whether you intend to ride your ATV all day long or for short hours, comfort is essential. Besides, ATV riding is supposed to be full of fun, and this might be hard to achieve if your quad cannot offer the comfort you need. The Honda TRX is designed to give you the comfort you need to enjoy every mile you ride. However, you may need to be keen on the size of the ATV to ensure that it is your perfect fit.
Top Models of Honda TRX ATVs
If you are looking for a Honda ATV with exceptional pulling power, then the TRX420 Fourtrax will not disappoint. With its beefy 5-speed gearbox, easy all-weather starts, and quick acceleration, you will likely enjoy every second you spend with your TRX420 Fourtrax. Indeed, the quad is designed with all the quality, speed, reliability, and advanced features that anyone would expect in a Honda ATV.
- A powerful engine that is always perfect for the job;
- Rugged frame and suspension offer a high ground clearance
- Independent double suspension provides comfort and also keeps steering precise
- Large fuel tanks allow you to ride for long distances without the need to refill
- Electric start
- Air filter and an air-intake system
- Twin headlights with multi-reflector lenses
Honda TRX 700
The Honda TRX 700 was released in 2008 and has made a reputation for being the 'king of the hill". It features a powerful engine with a unique chain of drive system that redefines its comfort, performance, and handling. The Honda TRX 700 remains a top option for rugged terrains, deserts, and dunes.
For ATV enthusiasts who love spending most of their time riding, the superb ergonomics, steadfast reliability, and excellent styling ate some of the unique characteristics that set the Honda TRX 700 apart.
- The top speed is 86 mph, and with upgrades, it reaches up to 93 or 94 mph.
- Engine; four-stroke and liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine
- Horsepower: 53 hp
- Programmable fuel injection
- Lighting: two 30-watt headlights, LED brake light, and taillight
- The Exterior is composed of a steel frame, plastic body material, and a comfortable seat to provide excellent riding ergonomics.
- Brakes: the rear brakes use a single-sealed 200-mm hydraulic disc while the front ones use 174-mm dual-sealed hydraulic disc brakes
- Ignition: Push-button electric starter motor
Honda TRX 400
The Honda TRX 400 is one of the best all-around sport ATVs that can offer excellent performance for trail-taming or dune-blasting. With a reliable 4-stroke air-cooled and electric start, the Honda TRX 400 never disappoints when it comes to performance.
- Rugged steel frame with removable subframe provides easy maintenance
- Triple disc brakes for superb stopping power
- An aluminum swingarm for exceptional rigidity
- Aggressive body styles for improved appearance
- High performance
- 396cc engine
- Combustion efficiency and horsepower
- High-efficiency cooler instruments
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests
Honda TRX 90
The Honda trx 90 is one of the best youth quads of all time. Its small size is one of the many characteristics that make it ideal for young and adventurous people. Since it entered the market in1994, the quad has remained one of the best in its category. It features excellent aesthetics, an outstanding power-to-weight ratio, and superb handling making it the ultimate ATV for kids. There is no doubt that the quad has already set the gold standard.
- Engine: four-stroke, air-cooled single-cylinder engine
- Lubrication: oil capacity
- Ignition: DC-CDI electric starter system
- Brakes: Front brakes utilize dual-sealed 110mm hydraulic drum brakes, while the rear is a single-sealed 140-mm mechanical drum.
- Fuel system: 15mm piston-valve carburetor
- Steering: manual
- Transmission: 4-speed automatic
- Ground clearance: 3.9 inches
- Fuel capacity: 1.7 gal
Honda TRX 250
The Honda trx 250 is best known for its top-notch ergonomics and predictable handling. This four-wheeler was rugged, compact, and rode on dirt and sand tracks like a monster. Some of its characteristics saw it dubbed the ATV of the century by the 4-wheel ATV magazine. It was indeed designed to meet the needs of ATV experts and enthusiasts who seek to have a taste of an ultimate squad.
- Engine type: 4-stroke OHC
- Engine cooling: air cooling
- Fuel capacity: 2.6 gallons
- Displacement: 246/15
- Cylinder arrangement: single cylinder, 20 degrees inclined
- Ignition: CDI
- Turning radius 1.5 m
Honda TRX 520
For many ATV enthusiasts, the Honda TRX 520 is a Honda's do-it-all workhorse that is still going through lots of advancement. For instance, the Honda TRX 520 received a brand new chassis with suspension travel, lock, electronic diff, and adjustable spring preload.
- 518 cc engine to provide strong power and torque when it is needed the most
- Impressive handling
- Lightweight strength
- Engineered tough and sturdy
- Pro-connect rack system
- Excellent load and towing capacity
- Reduced fuel vibration
- Efficient stopping power
- Capability to tackle any terrain
How To Improve The Reliability Of Your ATV
The good thing with Honda ATVs is that you can always customize and upgrade them to meet your needs. Whether you want to improve your speed or achieve more hours on the trail, you can achieve it by doing the following;
- Upgrade your gas
- Upgrade the air filter
- Replace the spark plugs
- Reduce the weight of your quad
Purchasing the best Honda TRX model will give you an excellent ATV ride. These quads have proved powerful, reliable, and efficient in almost every aspect. Our pick for the best Honda TRX model is the Honda TRX 700 due to its incredible diversity. You will never regret spending your money on the Honda TRX 700.
Shawn Manaher loves to play with new toys and dive into new hobbies. As a serial entrepreneur, work definitely comes first but there is always room for hobbies.